12-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
ellisina4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Buying X3...

Hello,

I am buying 2015 X3 35i for my father as his current sedan is too low and hard to get in and out due to his back. I have 2015 X5 50i. Here are my questions:

1. X3 vs X5 outer dimensions (length 183" vs 192", width 74" vs 76", trunk depth is 36" vs 41", trunk height and width are almost the same). The X3 does look smaller, I think primarily due to 4" height difference. What is you take on it?

2. Dealer has courtesy loaner with $55.3 sticker and 3500 miles that they are willing to sell for $49.8. That is 10% discount. Options on a car are pretty much what I would select (except getting M package instead of x-line) but it is black on black and this is not the first choice for my father. I was wondering, for 2015 x3 35i, what is the typical percentage off the new car sticker people are getting? Currently the only 2 promotions that I could find is $1000 happy holiday and $750 off 2 BMW FS warranty products that I would use on wheel and tire package and something else, possibly.

3. My father will drive this car for 6-7 years, at least with average of 12-15k miles per year. I was looking into extended warranty and spent a lot of time on the forums reading on it. The choices are: BMW CPO, Mercury and Fidelity. 6y/100k from BMW is $3800, Fidelity is $2900, Mercury I am still pricing. I printed out what is not covered from each warranty and there are plusses and minuses or each as it will never be factory bumber-to-bumber warranty. The big thing that turns me off from Fidelity is 24-48 hour wait for an adjuster, something that is not an issue for BMW CPO. However BMW CPO coverage is worse, especially on suspension components. What do u guys feel, on top of just keeping $3-4k instead of buying extended warranty?

4. Is it worth buying the extended warranty now our get it 3-4 years later? What is a typical annual increase in warranty pricing and does pricing increases depending on the current mileage on the car?

Thanks
Appreciate 0