Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i M-Sport/2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFargo13 View Post
So why does Jason's document state the touchpad comes on the 2014? (I just picked up my new '14 X3 M Sport and it doesn't have it.)

I dont know, I dont work for BMW. I just know, through my very thorough research of getting idrive 4.2 into my '14, that the touch controller isn't hitting X3 until next year. The touch controller talks on a different data bus through a different module in the vehicle so the changes are more significant than pulling one part and popping in another one.
Thanks! I'm not doubting you, but I read the same thing months ago that the touchpad controller was coming in the middle of this year, but then of course when I picked up my new car on September 25th, it didn't have it. I wasn't expecting it because of your previous posts, so I'm not upset. I'd rather have my car now than wait for the touchpad controller. I just wonder why BMW puts out erroneous information twice about it.
Appreciate 0