View Single Post
      12-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #85
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

bmkman, I hate to say this but... stop whining and fix the problem yourself! It only takes two simple rubber or felt furniture bumpers that you can pickup at the dollar store. It will cost you less than $5.00.

Pictures here: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkman View Post
I have a 2012 X3 and 25,000 kms. This roof rattling and noise problem has been ongoing. They keep "applying tape" ... no resolution. I think it works for a bit but when it gets cold ( below 0 ) then the sound comes back.

I have been to BMW service 5 times in the past 3 years...no resolution. They keep telling me "Felt Tape is applied"

...to add insult to injury I hate the car because it rattles so I don't really drive it so now I get slapped with a $1300 service bill to fix the brakes ( pads and rotors ) because they are rusty. I think I need to complain to BMW Canada.
I dont know if its my dealership since its my first BMW. I have owned other luxury sports vehicles before my BMW but never really had this kind of poor service....or maybe the car is just poorly designed.