11-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #16
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec31 View Post
Thank you for all your input. I can't have both :-( but i'm starting to lean towards the x3. I really like the carbon black on black with alum trim.

Does the dynamic handling allow for better handling in sport mode? I would get it if it allowed for better cornering and turning.
It helps. The dynamic damper control can increase the stiffness of the outside of the car and control the body roll a bit more. You'll notice more roll still, but in my experience it's more perception than real impact. I can got through corners as fast as before, I just have to be prepared for the sensation of greater movement at a higher seating position. I'm sure if both cars were pushed to the edge, the 335i could do the corner faster before losing it somehow, but most of us never drive to that extreme. Pulling it back a bit from the edge, it performs very similar, but moves more. More about learning that the different sensation of roll is more normal and not the same "bad" warning it would be down low in the sedan. Dunno if that helps, but it's the way it seems to me . . .