Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDiem View Post
Greetings all,

This past weekend I took my '13 X3 35i MSport in for warranty work. The left rear window regulator appears to be on the fritz. The window does not index all the way up in the closed position. I understand this is a known issue with the X3...
This is my 4th brand new Bimmer in over twenty years. Each Bimmer has had some electronic glitch which required a trip to the dealer for warranty work. I suppose I'm a glutton for punishment.
To the point, I was given a 28i as a loaner vehicle, and I gotta tell ya, this SAV is fast. It is much faster than I expected. It holds gears longer than my 35i, and it also revs higher and longer in each gear than my 35i.
I was just amazed how fast this SAV is. It also handled very well!
In essence, I had to question the extra cost premium for a 35i over a 28i.
Pound for pound, a basic (non-sport model) 28i is a better value than a base model 35i.
It is only when you option a 28i with the MSport package, et al, that the 35i MSport starts making sense, b/c the moonroof and xenon headlights among a few other options, are standard in a 35i.
So, in conclusion, I have a new found respect for the X3 28i(s).
At the base, or fully loaded, the 28i is a better value. Anything in the middle the 35i makes sense.

I know I'll get flamed for it, but I think the 35i is just a waste of money and gas. To each his own. I love my wife's 28i.

Oh and that 35mpg+ in eco pro is fantastic
Appreciate 0