09-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #30
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Word of warning to those considering upgrading: my wife's iPhone 5 was down to 8% charge and it wouldn't charge or be seen as a device in iDrive. The charge icon flicked on and off a few times and it never appeared in iDrive as an external device. Switched to my iPhone 4 and it was immediately recognised as an external device and started charging correctly. I paired the iPhone 5 for BT Audio and that all worked ok but using the lightning cable it was invisible - oddly it did charge from the glove box ok. Will try it again when it's fully charged
Just had a chance to test again with the iPhone 5 and it's all good. I assume the low 8% charge was the reason it was struggling before because this time, it charged, was recognised as a device etc and everything seemed to work. I haven't had chance to have a play with music yet but it looked like it would all work in the same way.

Re. BT Audio and notifications. This is all works as well as it does with my iPhone 4 so you always get new mail icon in iDrive for new SMS and also for new email (providing you toggle one of the notification alert settings each time you get in the car - see the other thread on this http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...=747076&page=2). All new email and SMS can then be viewed in Office - Messages

Some things to bear in mind when setting up BMW Office for an iPhone 4/5:

1. make sure you have notifications setup on the iPhone Bluetooth connection (click the arrow to the right of the BMW Bluetooth connection and check notifications is switched on)
2. make sure you have setup iPhone notifications as per thread above
3. make sure your iPhone is still paired for Bluetooth audio as this gets lost each time you plug in the USB

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0