09-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
arcticdog
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 F25 3.5i

Torque value for lug bolts

Hi all,
This is my first post on this forum. I recently took delivery (the day before hurricane Irene landed here ) of a 35i (jet black/mojave/wave, sport activity, cold weather, dynamic handling, premium, nav, hi-fi, apps). In brief, I am appreciating the evolutionary progress BMW has made in this edition (I've gone through an '05 auto and '08 manual) with greater refinement, smoothness, and quality.

Anyway, being in the northeast, as I've done so with my previous X3s, I will be swapping out the stock wheels/run flats with a set of winter wheels/snow tires for the winter. I can't seem to find the torque value for the lug bolts in the PDF manual ("torque - lug bolts" is not even listed in the index! For the '08, the manual did state 101 lb ft/140 Nm, and that was for the standard 17" OEM wheel.)

A quick search for lug torque on the forum here shows people saying "89 lb./ft." and even a range of "between 85 and 101 lb./ft."

Does anyone know the exact correct torque value of the lug bolts for the F25 35i's 18" OEM wheel? Thanks. It's no fun having a wheel wobble off while at speed!
Appreciate 0