View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
A. I didn't try negotiating the maintenance program because from what I've gathered the program is grossly overpriced. This is the 1st car I've actually owned but 1 year service after initial purchase seems a bit much (15,000 miles), most likely I'll get it serviced before that. For reference in 4 years of having 2 Mercedes I've serviced the cars 6-8 times, perhaps BMW has better workmanship or uses better oil.

B. Paid in full so no financing discount from program upgrade.

Not to say that the upgraded program isn't good since you need to have the car service eventually but the only programs I'll consider are the tire insurance and extended warranty. The tire insurance is only available at the time of purchase but extended warranty can be bought any time before the end your normal 4 year one.
Ok so that makes complete sense...I was under the impression that the maintenance program upgrade also extended the factory warranty to 6 years and 100K miles...is that not the case? If this is just maintenance than 2100 is WAY overpriced...are you saying that this is an option plus there is another option for extended warranty? If so how much is that?
Appreciate 0