View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
billb12
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechy View Post
I JUST did mine, and it most definitely fixed the hesitation; I drove 45 minutes from dealer to home (purposely selecting all types of roads/traffic to test) and bye-bye hesitation!

- On highway 417 in traffic = no hesitation anymore
- Decelerating to a red light somewhat fast only to have it changed in my face and having to re-accelerate = no hesitation anymore
- Slow roll Stops = no hesitation anymore
- Sharp turn towards a road with a > 90 angle = no hesitation anymore

Hell, I tried everything while I was alone on the road to force the car to upshift/downshift fast and hitting the pedal just as it was doing so and I couldn't get it to lag whatsoever (someone looking as me doing so would of thought I was drunk lol)

The Canadian version of the updates seem to be bundled, because they couldn't find the equivalent to the SI update from our southern neighbours, and even showing the P/N from this post they seemed confused. What they did was get the "very latest" update package and installed it. I asked him what the version on it was after the fact and he told me F12-03-503... so guessing F25 March 2012 update 503?

Biggest F25 annoyance gone = happy customer
I have also done the PDC (Park Distance Control) at BMW Toronto - now I have front and rear PDC working on my screen - nice feature - I really like it especially when I park in tight places. The PDC kit was orderd from Europe and came with Combox upgrade so now I can do NAV and DVD upgrade for little extra. This info might be of value to some customers who ordered the base model.
The only think that annoys me is a clunk on the break when reverse parking in ramp - they said it is from the breaking pads moving in the calipers due to vehicle incline when reverse park. I don't have any other noises and the breaking is SOLID.
If you have any similar experience please share this with all of us. Thanks

Last edited by billb12; 06-14-2012 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0