View Single Post
      04-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
kingbadger
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 3.0D MSport

I've gone for the pro nav despite having the the same "poor value" reservations as you. When I placed my order the 3.5D wasn't out, had it been I might have been tempted to put it towards that....but

2 main reasons I paid:

Firstly it is just so darned cool. The smaller screen with the side blanking plates looks mean (IMO) and the split screen album art etc on the bigger full width pro nav screen looks superb

Secondly, you probably get about 50% back at resale. So many Beemers have Pro Nav, Leather, auto, few buyers bother with the ones that don't. So to move it you have to discount.

On VDC: Its much more than the ability to make the suspension stiffer when you want to enjoy youself (although that's a pretty good reason....). At ordinary round-town speeds on our increasingly poor UK roads (full of failing patch repairs), the car rides just so much more smoothly in the VDC Normal setting than on the regular non-MSport dampers. I had long tests in a 2.0D SE on standard 17" rims (1 day) and a 3.0D MSport with VDC on 20" rims (a whole weekend) and the MSport was noticeably smoother in "normal" even on its much lower profile tyres. Astonishing. A must-have extra for me. A Limo when you want, a beast when you want.

Last edited by kingbadger; 04-18-2012 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: can't spell!
Appreciate 0