View Single Post
      02-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #84
exon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i Jet Black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Yeah, it does get old going in there and saying the same thing over and over again. And then they just tell you to drive it in sport all the time.

It is really easy to reproduce though, pull up to an intersection, slowly moving up to turn into traffic, stop and then press the gas pedal. Instead of going anywhere, the vehicle waits for a second before it responds to any input. Then you take off like an idiot because you keep pushing the pedal down further and not going anywhere until it decides to respond. Of course, then they'll say that's what it's supposed to do and to use sport mode instead. At least we know there are tunes with it fixed, it's a just getting one flashed if you need it that's the problem.
what tune fixes that? I have a 2014 X3 35i that supposedly does not have lag issue. But it is laggy. Off the line it moves exactly the way you described. Once on the move it either accelerates too slow (no downshift) or too fast (after downshift)... I think it is a software issue as the car accelerates like a beast in manual mode.

I have installed burger tuning stage 1 which helped quite a bit, but it could still be better. I guess a ecu based tune might fix the issue?
Appreciate 0