12-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
etelbot
ZitoHellada
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 35i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman103099 View Post
I'll probably try this at some point. I did something very similar in my e83 X3 as well and it took care of the issue.

Now if I could only figure out the rattle under the drivers' footwell... today I thought it might be the little storage compartment to the left of the steering wheel (no, there isnt anything in there).
I've been experiencing a rattle under the driver's side footwell as well. I tried ignoring it to no avail. In my case it turned out to be the hood release lever that was occasionally rattling/hitting the footwell.

At risk I've being named the velcro man (i dont work for Velcro I swear , but again I applied a small piece of velcro or felt next to the lever and the sound seems to be gone.

Overall this car is great but these little annoyances really dictate what a customer perceives as build quality or lack thereof.

Now if someone can tell me how to fix the center/dashboard speaker rattle/creek I would be most appreciative...

I dont like losing time at dealers...