Noice
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX 50drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc@thegeekscafe.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmorganxx View Post
That's it. I tested that wire, 14V car on, 12V after turning car off and head unit/sound still active. 0V once the vehicle is locked and head unit is off.

Must be the power antenna wire.

Admins, can we sticky this thread? This is essential for anyone looking to add a trunk subwoofer with Technic's harness (or any method) in the '11+ F25 X3.
It's still a digital signal. If you draw too much current (too much Volume) your radio will go dead or dims out.

Ebay has a Solid state Relay that you can use to control the amps power. Search SSR DC Control. 3-24VDC will trigger The SSR. Some SSRs control AC. I found only one that controls DC.

I don't feel comfortable with regular relays (heat).

look here http://www.ebay.com/itm/121030518863...=p5197.c0.m619

this one handle 40Amps I have seen them that handle 60Amps.
Using the remote signal will work for about 5-10min until the system goes to sleep.
bobc
Im not sure what your getting at. I am Using the antenna wire for a remote turn on signal and it works marvelously. I have an alpine pdx-m12 amp and its running flawlessly. My radio never dims or shuts off.

2023 BMW X1 xDrive28i - Portimao Blue Metallic / Black perforated /Shadowline/ M sport / premium package
Appreciate 0