View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #54
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
The STI is a great car for the price but I've never been a fan of scoops and spoilers.

I'm also considering the 2012 3 series or C class coupe Shaw.
I hear ya...I have a newer one (newer body style) so the spoiler thing isn't as pronounced as the older models.

I can tell you this though...drive one for an entire weekend and you won't care what is on it...if you think the X3 is intoxicating the STI is pretty much crack on 4 wheels. IMHO the only thing that comes close is an M3 (haven't driven M1 yet).

The AWD system on the STI is unlike anything you will ever drive..it's completely different than anything else Subaru puts out (even diff from other imprezas) and you just can't compare it to Quattro or xDrive...it's just not fair b/c of how it operates.

That being said... The X3 35i is the most fun I've had in years (except the STI) When I was 18 I had a tricked out 86 Mazda RX7 with a rediculous (cartech) aftermarket turbo....it was a 12 second car and the fastest thing I had until the STI. I haven't picked up my 35i yet ,but from the hour or so I've spend behind the wheel so far, it is up there in the fun factor with the RX7 I had and the STI. The fact that an SUV can perform the way it does actually gets it a leg up in certain ways. I mean I can't take the STI off road even if I wanted to.
Appreciate 0