United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
I extended the coverage of the warranty as part of my purchase agreement. While I'm not a dealer, I think it is something that it is easy for a dealer to accommodate. Personally, I feel more comfortable having the warranty for a period that is likely longer than the period I'll own it for. Sure, there are arguments for/against for a variety of reasons. Even if I had to pay, what $1-2K? for piece of mind? Worth it to me. Not everything I own, cars included, appreciate in valve as others on forums seem to. On the other hand, I don't drop big money on driving gloves, shoes, golf, gambling, etc., so I pay for the psychological comfort provided by a warranty. I should note, though, I do buy winter/summer tires -- again for added peace of mind.
I will say that Winter/Summer tire sets are different: You'll enjoy the better handling of Summer tires and get the most performance out of your X3. The combination of Winter tires and XDrive will make your vehicle a fantastic SUV in the snow- safe and powerful. Additionally, your tires will last much longer becasue you're putting less mileage on them- splitting miles between 2 sets of tires. This is an investment, not just peace of mind.

If you care that much about peace of mind with the extended warranty- go for it!
Appreciate 0