View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #36
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

I've tried to follow a few of the horse beating threads on this topic but as a newcomer to this confusion, I found this post helpful:
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...67&postcount=8

Statements like "If you want dynamic dampening, you have to order DHP" are not helpful to those of us trying to keep our heads above water.

In terms of driver capabilities, is this right?:
1) The ability to push a button named the "Dynamic Driving Control button" for Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus is standard and affects steering and acceleration points
2) The Sport Activity Package (SAP) adds cosmetic stuff like sports seats, trim and leather steering wheel to provide an emotional "sportier" feel.
3) With the M-Sport package, you get the emotional sportier feel of the seats, a different trim, 19" wheels and some other stuff AS WELL AS the suspension is tuned differently by BMW to a "sportier" feel. Steering and acceleration points are programmed by the "Dynamic Driving Control button".
4) Without the M-Sport package, the suspension is tuned by BMW to a "normal" feel. Steering and acceleration points are programmed by the "Dynamic Driving Control button".
5) With the Dynamic Handling Package (DHP), the button ALSO changes the suspension
6) With the DHP package, the car will adjust steering, and acceleration "on the fly" based on conditions

BTW, if you feel I've stated something wrong, please copy/paste the whole list and correct it. That way, by the time we're done, there's a complete and definitive dead horse that doesn't require a BMW decoder ring for the meaning of overloaded terms like "Dynamic", "Active" and "Adaptive".

TIA
Appreciate 0