01-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
tr03cobra
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WULFFZA View Post
Hi
Did some searches on the forum and for tsb's but no luck.

The gf has a 2008 X3 3.0 M-Sport with approx 80k miles. She puts fuel in and drives until lights come on, you know the type.

For quite a while now the car has exhibited an uncomfortable shudder/jerking together with a dry shaft jolt sound when lifting off the gas and turning at low speed, like when pulling around a parking garage.

My sense tells me, let's try a fluid change in the diff, it's done 80k miles...

Last visit to the dealer, they told her the tires were worn and that's what's causing noise. Umm, no, no new tires thanks.
They must have updated software because the car shifted so much better after that visit, fluid shifts and would coast downhill rather than grabbing a lower gear too soon like it had been doing.

It's back a the same dealer now and this time they're telling her it needs a software update for that noise and that it isn't covered under warranty (it's still under the extended warranty for a couple more months). I am not allowed to talk to them, because my talking tends to get loud.

Thoughts?

Im having the same problem on 06 x3, i don't have on bmw approved tires. They are khumo ecsta. I goin to buy the oem approved tires and see if it fix the problem. Did you get it resolved yet?
Appreciate 0