View Single Post
      12-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #1207
murrr77
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive28i

First, thank you to Shawn and all the others here for all your hard work and continued attention to this. I just got done coding several things on my 2012, a few of which were always very frustrating! (most of all the TPMS display!)

I coded:
-Unlock all doors with engine off
-Electronics off when door opened
-Close mirrors/windows/sunroof from FOB
-Added low beam headlights and fog lights to my welcome lights
-Close trunk from FoB and Kick panel
-Enable sports display
Enable full text lines
-Add Temp/PSI to tire screen
-Remove legal disclaimers
-Show digital speed in cluster

A few questions:
-I did search through and it seems there is no way to "auto fold mirrors on turn off", if this isn't true, please let me know, I always fold them so this would be handy
-I couldn't find VOLUME_POPUP_DISPLAY to show the volume on the display, would it be under a different name?
-I did enable SPEECH_2_TEXT but still am not able to speak emails or texts, I must not have the appropriate hardware. I didn't end up "decoding" this, I'm assuming I can leave it and it won't matter since it doesn't do anything for me.
-the sport display, while neat, doesn't look very accurate. I goosed it a little and it went up to 400 ft-lbs. Now, while I do wish I had that kind of go, I know my 28i does not.
-Is there a way to have the seat belt chime shut off after a certain amount of time? It seems to just keep going. I don't want to completely disable it for when I do have passengers, but when my dog rides on the front seat I'd like to have it stop after a few chimes.
-Is there a way to have the RDS song info scroll through when on the radio screen without going right clicking on each station? I do not have Nav, just the small screen.
-I can already stream bluetooth audio via my cell phone to the car, will going in and enabling enhanced bluetooth add anything?
Appreciate 0