View Single Post
      12-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #1198
drodnyc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7

my god, so many pages to thumb through. i have a question, and i promise to keep it simple.

first, thanks to everyone for providing great info. after reading most of it i decided to jump into the coding game head first. i picked up the cable, downloaded the software & purchased a token and immediately went to work.

i have since coded almost everything you can code on my 14 X3. one thing i can't do, and may never do with coding, is to get video playback on ipod/iphone w/o the media snap in adapter. I have an iphone 6 so buying one is not really an option. i am now using my trusty 160gig ipod classic for storing music and movies.

I can obviously play music via the usb but can't play video for the life of me.

I believe I have activated (or should I say Aktiv) everything that could or should be active. When connected, i can look up the movie list in idrive, I can select it for play, and it does play but only sound comes out. there must be a setting somewhere that will allow it to transmit video. can someone help?

btw, i tested a Samsung Galaxy S5 and when connected to the usb i can play both music and videos/movies with no problem.

comments???
Appreciate 0