08-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
TN_3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
Vibration at speed

Let me preface this by saying that I am not on the stock Goodyear LS2s. I replaced those at the time of purchase with Pirelli P-Zero Nero A/S and the Goodyears are in storage until lease turn in.

After replacing the tires, I noticed a vibration in the vehicle at speeds of 75-80 MPH. I took the vehicle back to the Discount Tire I bought the tires from and had them take a look. They rebalanced the two rears. Took the X3 out on the interstate, same vibration at 75-80. Went back, had them rebalance all 4 this time. Took the X3, vibration still there. So this time, I went to a different DT, they stripped all the weights, started from scratch, and even rotated the tire on the rim for 2 of the tires. Just took the X3 out, and guess what, vibration is still there. It is a weird vibration, though, because it sometimes disappears completely. But when it is there, it is very noticeable (passenger seat/headrest visibly shaking). At this point, I am thinking it is an issue with the tires, but I was assured they weren't out of round or anything, just that the wheels/tires were heavy and tough to balance. Anyone else experience this, whether it is with the stock tires or not?

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22” l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0