View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 12:33 AM   #10
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, ‘14 X35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS4EX View Post
How do you like the xHP trans flash? This looks like something I'll NEED to do if I want to take this car any further with power. Have you played with their Delete Flash? That looks pretty exciting, a RWD X3 would be sweet!
I LOVE the xHP flash! Very comfortable in Comfort mode, but in sport/sport+ the shifts are super quick and in just the right places. It might just be my perception of speed, but feels like with the xHP if I floor it it revs way higher in the RPM range and feels like turbos are boosting less, (I haven’t captured logs), but at 3/4 throttle shifts a bit earlier and seems to get more help from the turbos, definitely more turbo sound.

Another reason to go with xHP though, I believe, is for improved torque limits.

I’ve not tried xDelete on my X3, but I agree, it would be fun! I have played with xDelete on my stage 1 650i xDrive, and it was fun for a day or two, but wasn’t my cup of tea . I had a RWD meth-tuned E60 N54 and remember loving the high-speed turning on it, and certainly it helped with the 650’s understeer, but even stage 1 it just makes SO MUCH power that in RWD mode, the traction control light would blip at anything over about 2/3 throttle, in any drive mode and at any speed. After a couple days I just missed the pure thrill of the rocket-like xDrive acceleration and re-enabled xDrive.

Might be easier to keep the wheels from spinning on our N55 x3’s in RWD... definitely let me know what you think if you go for it! XDelete is fairly cheap compared to xHP Trans flash.