View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #2276
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdr10 View Post
Hi guys, been trawling through all this very useful info as I try and work out what spec to order. The options list has so much on there! I'm currently looking at this little lot on a 3.0 m sport:

Reversing Assist camera with Top View
Panoramic glass sunroof
Sun protection glass
Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
Extended storage
Seat heating, front
Xenon headlights
Loudspeaker system - BMW Business
Media package - Professional Multimedia
Variable Damper Control (VDC)
Access package

Which seems a bit excessive although I was very interested to hear about discounts you guys had negotiated as my dealer suggested the x3 was the most popular car in the universe! I'll just put him into competition with another when it comes to ordering.

We're tossing up between the silver or white so any thoughts on that wud be interesting - more from a negative perspective as I know the silver as we currently have a x5 in the same colour.

My main issue on he options front is VDC. Dealer is telling me its not worth it but after having a crashy x5on sports suspension I wanted the choice of firm or softer damping. Any have it and leave it in sport the whole time? Is the comfort mode too soft?

Also any drivers of 3.0 who wish they bought the 35?

Thanks for your help...
If I had the money your spec is what I'd go for I haven't driven a 35d, but I did order the 30d without a test drive. The 30d gives plenty enough power.
As regards colour- I went for Mineral Silver with Oyster Leather. Its the colour combo used in the official brochure.
As regards discount- I asked for 8% based upon getting my own finance, I ended up with 10% based upon using BMW Select finance @ 7.5%APR over 2 years. With the APR i estimated its about 8% discount in the end.

Shipment times for X3's have dropped, and your spec is high- I would aim for at least 10%. If you feel brave go for more- you can always go down from a high discount.
Appreciate 0