10-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #9
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
This will be a 4 Door Coupe based on the 2nd Gen X3 platform.It will be to the X3 what the X6 is to the X5.It will probably be labeled SAS...Sports Activity Sedan,the SAS name has been trademarked by BMW.The car will be built in SC if it's approved for production.The bet here locally is that it will happen.The SAS will marry up some qualities of the X cars...higher ride height,larger interior volume than a sedan,AND the better handling qualities of a sedan.The X3 and the 3 Series get married and have an SAS!!!!BMW Senior Mgt loves the look of the X6 and wants to roll the "coupe" look through as many concepts as is feasible.The new PAS (Progressive Activity Sedan) comes to mind.I'll keep you posted as I learn more. Thanks! PalBay

This would be good if comes out as a "baby x6" with 4 doors my wife would turn in her 330i for it. But must have 4 doors , wife says 2 door loaners she has had are terrible for opening at the mall parking lot ( she says doors are larger in 2 door models). Anyway hope PalBay's version makes it.
Appreciate 0