View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Ah, the brakes. That is a different area. I believe the X3 takes longer to stop, but it feels even longer when coming from the sedan. After I got the feel, to me they seem very comparable for the stopping situations I encounter but more press is required. I didn't get the dull acceleration bit exactly. It doesn't have the same "hanging off the back of a rocket sled" feeling, but that's based mostly on seating position and sensation. Once I got past that part and got a feel for the pedal (which is definitely different IMHO) I realized this X3 gets up and goes. Haven't played second fiddled to anyone on the commute who's cared to go a little -- mind you, there were a couple dang fast cars that just didn't want to drive fast, but I wasn't trailing behind any 3 series sedans begging for quarter, either. The X3 is way, way more fun on backroads than I expected and it's ability to handle rougher terrain better gives it a bump in my book. For instance, I'd take this over the sedan any day for a back road drive over the Sonoma hills into Napa -- but that's what works for me.