mspringer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i M-Sport/DHP

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
The DHP not only has two settings, Comfort and Sport, but is dynamic and changes strut stiffness within each setting depending on wheel deflection and lateral force. This allows the suspension to provide a smooth ride even with runflats without being under-damped and floaty in the Comfort mode. The programs which set strut stiffness in the two modes are very different. Sport mode is stiffer, there is less lean and the handling more responsive, but the ride over rough pavement is a bit jarring.

I had a 2011 X35i with DHP and now a 2015 X35i M-Sport with DHP. The 2011 was a bit soft, underdamped and a little floaty in the Normal mode (now called Comfort). The 2015 is much better damped and less floaty - a big improvement, and yes it provides a better ride in Comfort than the non DHP suspension. Be aware the DHP only has 2 suspension settings, all that really distinguishes Sport and Sport+ is the latter partially turns off the electronic nannies (also you can program chassis and transmission settings in Sport but not Sport+)
Appreciate 0