04-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
KingX
Unregistered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 M-Sport 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stactum View Post
I have my experience to share as well! We (my wife and I) are totally new to the brand so bear with me! The X3 is my wife's primary vehicle.

On Saturday (April 21) we picked up our 2013 X3 xDrive28i with N20 engine.
It has:
Premium Package
Convenience Package
Cold Weather Package
MSRP: $45,395

We have only about 200 miles on it so far, but I have some things to share. Both my wife and I did test drive 2012 I6 X3 and to us throttle lag was very evident, she was very concerned about it but I kind of convinced her that N20 won't be hesitant at start and it is not. In fact, it's pretty snappy and in fact I don't miss extra 2 cylinders! It doesn't have the sound of I6 and it kind of sounds like a diesel from outside, but in the inside it's very quiet.

Few things that I've noticed:
- we have black inserts on the kidney grille - it's probably something BMW changed for 2013, i know 2012 28i had silver inserts.
- I don't think it has Sport+ mode, it has only 3 modes: Eco Pro - Comfort - Sport
- Leather - well, it's not really a leather. I took off headrests on the back to install car seats - there are holes for the mount poles and it's clear that it is not actual leather. I will call BMW at some point to make sure they explain why they charge $1,450 for nicer leatherette. Well, unless headrests made from a different material, what I doubt.

Without any break in period I got about 25mpg in mixed driving - I pushed it a couple of times, not to the redline but a little.

Thanks!

Nice write-up. Wonder why they switched to the black grille for the 28i in 2013

[Black Sapphire/Oyster/Wave Wood: ZPP/ZTP/ZCW/ZCX/ZDH/ZPS/ZMP/6NR]
Appreciate 0