Drives: E92 M3, F25 X3

Garage List
2017 X3  [0.00]
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by romero1990 View Post
Hi all, owner x3 for 2yrs. the car runs great so far. But I ran into a weird problem. The windshield washer fluid alert will come on from time to time. I live in NorCal. There is not much chance to use it in summer. But the alert will come on fairly fast since the previous fill up. dealer torn the reservoir but found nothing. Also when I make sharp turn, the alert comes up too.

feels like the fluids just go away by itself too fast. wondering if anyone ran into the same issue? btw, if I was to top it off myself, what should I buy.

thanks
I'm sure your issue is not the same as mine was but if you are going to disconnect things to remove your reservoir, be careful when reinstalling it as the connection from the reservoir to the black fill neck can leak.

Mine had a slow leak, I would only notice it in the morning when getting in to the car to go to work. There would be a blue puddle near the front passenger tire. Turned out to be a bad connection between the filler tube and the reservoir. I was under warranty at the time and the dealer was right next to where I worked so I would drive it to the dealer in the morning and pick it up after work. Took three visits before they finally got it to stop leaking. BTW, it would only leak when the reservoir was full. They used silicone to seal the connection, been good now for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by romero1990 View Post
Hi all, owner x3 for 2yrs. the car runs great so far. But I ran into a weird problem. The windshield washer fluid alert will come on from time to time. I live in NorCal. There is not much chance to use it in summer. But the alert will come on fairly fast since the previous fill up. dealer torn the reservoir but found nothing. Also when I make sharp turn, the alert comes up too.

feels like the fluids just go away by itself too fast. wondering if anyone ran into the same issue? btw, if I was to top it off myself, what should I buy.

thanks
I'm sure your issue is not the same as mine was but if you are going to disconnect things to remove your reservoir, be careful when reinstalling it as the connection from the reservoir to the black fill neck can leak.

Mine had a slow leak, I would only notice it in the morning when getting in to the car to go to work. There would be a blue puddle near the front passenger tire. Turned out to be a bad connection between the filler tube and the reservoir. I was under warranty at the time and the dealer was right next to where I worked so I would drive it to the dealer in the morning and pick it up after work. Took three visits before they finally got it to stop leaking. BTW, it would only leak when the reservoir was full. They used silicone to seal the connection, been good now for years.
After a few drips to the stealership I bought 2 gallons of blues from autozone and filled it up myself. It looks ok so far. I suspect they never filled it and the cap was probably not closed properly.
Appreciate 0