07-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #2151
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
Unfortunately some subjects are ... subjective! Once you start talking about the quality of a product a lot depends of where you have come from i.e. previous vehicles, and also your general outlook on life i.e. glass half full/ empty.
My expectations are high for the X3. I think I'm paying a premium to get a premium product. Hopefully forum comments can provide some balance good and bad. If the comments are consistantly bad then I feel something must be seriously wrong, because the general press reviews are very good to excellent for the X3.
I'm not objecting to negative comments. There are 100s of negative comments, many of which are valid and I agree with. I have quite a few gripes of my own, primarily with the paintwork. Hopefully BMW will take notice of some of the negative comments and they will prove constructive in the long term.

There's a difference though between specific complaints based on experience and a statement that infers that somehow everyone who is very happy with their X3 has had the wool pulled over their eyes and can't see its mediocrity.

The other thing that's odd is almost all of these issues would be immediately apparent on a test drive. One wonders why someone would spend £40k+ on a car that they have so much aversion to.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0