View Single Post
      06-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #73
StephenG
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011

Smile BMW X3 Battery

I had the exact same experience including the battery charger etc.
Bought the car about 9 months ago and put on about 450 miles total.
the battery died 3x before using the charger because I only drive about 50 miles/month.

Dealer said they had done all possible and that I have to drive the car 3-4 times a week etc.

When I wanted to go on vacation last month I had to decide if I take the brand new BMW and a very long extension cord for the charger or my 12 yeat old Toyota Highlander so I took the Toyota as I know it will start.

When I got back I was mad and contacted BMW customer service to advise the dealer had done all possible and that I needed help but they proved to be TOTALLY USELESS.

They sent me a form letter stating that they build the ultimate driving machine and that I should contact another dealer because they had no technical abilities.

I wrote back and asked that she read my email again and she replied that she is sorry I did not like her answer because they build the ultimate driving machine!!!!

I got really worried/upset and contacted the sales manager @ the dealer (Motorwerks in Barrington) and now things started to happen FAST.

First the service manager called to tell me he was handling the case personally, sent a driver to pick up the car and then called me again to say the BMW factory was involved and that they will place a recorder on the car to find out the problem(s). Today I got a call stating that my case was referred to BMW corporate!!!

GREAT job Motorwerks, USELESS BMW customer service
Appreciate 0