12-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
I've got a 30d with HSA (Hill Start Assist) but that operates independantly of the Auto Release of the Handbrake.

HSA automatically applies the brakes when you come to a stop (to stop rolling back or forward)

But the X3 also auto releases the handbrake when you drive off.
i.e. Stop the car using normal brakes, apply handbrake button, when I press the accelerator again the handbrake releases without touching it.
Phil - do you think that this would definitely apply to the 2.0d (i.e. the handbrake has nothing to do with the HSA and auto hold)? So if i'm reading this correctly (please bear with me....)

Driving up a steep hill, stop at the traffic lights, into neutral and press hand brake button to hold car. To set off, put it into gear and drop the clutch, leaving the hand brake button alone? The car then deals with the hand brake (i'm not used to all this technology!).

If so, this sounds spot on and my shoulders are feeling lighter already!

Cheers
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0