View Single Post
      05-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #17
Vinnie Stix
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i GT Xdrive M Package

2016 X3 Xdrive 28i with dealer installed tow package

For those of you thinking about towing a trailer with your X3, I just picked mine up from the dealer with the BMW tow package installed...It was $2000.00, out the door. Im towing a 6X10 utility trailer loaded with band equipment. The X3 has no issues pulling the trailer. The hitch is barely visible and looks completely stock. It comes with a removable arm that connects to the hitch receiver in seconds and it comes with a pair of keys to lock it to deter theft. In accepts both 7 pin round and 4 pin flat trailer light plugs. The plug hardware looks factory too. When a trailer is plugged in the BMW detects it and alters brake bias and traction control for better drivability . The back up alarm is disabled but the rear camera still operates and also gives you a trailer hitch view so you can back your X3 up to the trailer without someone guiding you or having to get out and look...there are red and green lines superimposed on the camera screen to assist you with a perfect hook up...It's like docking the space shuttle...LOL. Overall this is great system, my dealer installed it in a day and it appears factory. I love that it's intergrated into the vehicle software. It's the best tow vehicle I've ever used for my purpose. Hope this helps any of you thinking of a tow package for your X3.
Appreciate 0