View Single Post
      04-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
xenonf30
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 335i

Smile Just some thoughts about my 1-month old X3

So I have been a proud owner of a JB F25 X3 for roughly the past month now and I couldn't be happier with the decision I made of taking the X3 over the 2012 Volvo S60 T6. I just wanted to point out a few things that I've noticed since owning my second BMW (my first was a 03 325i). I never will leave the BMW family again:

-The Active Car Park Ventilation. If you haven't tried this yet...do so. It's a bit confusing at first for a first-timer but for those who live in mostly humid environments like the southeast...and for those who drive a black on black F25 ...it's a godsend. My parents are jealous their RX and ML don't have that feature

-The LED corona ring DRLS. More of a fashion statement than anything but these are really, really cool. Not only can a oncoming driver identify you as a BMW but the looks you get an the menace of the four purple (on mine they are almost purple and not white like pictures) rings coming at you is truly sick. They are also very bright as well. TIP: If you activate your fogs, you can actually drive reasonably at night with just the LED rings on...try it sometime....they are that bright.

-The MPG Gauge on the speedo. Just a helpful gauge that all bimmers have that is missed out on with my IS250. I almost watch it too much, but it has exponentially helped me increase my MPGs and fuel economy.

-Sport seats. Can't tell you enough how wonderful these are. Especially if you are over 6 feet......they are perfect and regardless of the sharp turns you make in your F25......you are glued to those seats like white on rice

-the non-nav iDrive. What a treat to have a 6'' iDrive screen and controller standard on my F25. I know the X1 doesnt have it and the similarly priced E92 doesnt either but for a new-comer, this is perfect to get the driver to fall in love with iDrive and to purchase the nav next time around. Although my options are limited on the non-nav iDrive....I can still do many various tasks such as my phone, my iPod and other stuff...as well.....the glow of the controller at night is really sweet

-The smooth ZF 8-spd transmission....like butter.

Anyhow.....thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0