View Single Post
      03-29-2022, 09:05 PM   #15
nesterkyn
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3, 1999 BMW Z3

Idrive screen and Climate Control dead because of bad RDC

I had a similar issue in my 2013 X3. It started after I got new tires installed, so I figured it was the tire shops fault, but they told me all of my TPMS sensors were still transmitting. I drove around for a while with a TPMS error before all hell broke loose.

The RDC module was so corroded that it started shorting out and triggering the Idrive screen to go black, as well as the Climate Control to stop working. It even disabled the controls for the stereo on the center console (although the stereo was still usable from the wheel controls) and triggered an airbag light on the dash.

I eventually found the problem, replaced the module with a used one from a similar vehicle (cutting it open to make sure it was in good shape first) and was able to code it using E-Sys 3.30.1 with the v.4.27.20_PSdZData_Lite file. All functions of the vehicle are now back to normal, strange how one short can cause so much madness.

Note: the 'Detect CAFD for SWE (you will see a list of compatible CAFDs)' button was greyed out for me until I was using E-Sys 3.30, with 3.27.1 iit would allow me to view the RDC module but not make changes to it. The 'lite' psdz data file was sufficient as it had all of the files for a 2011 F25 X3 on there.

Thanks for the info!

here is where I got my files if you want to do this as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9IxVydWU5A&t=159s
Appreciate 0