View Single Post
      06-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #81
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Decided to check the sealant in the trunk area after seeing this thread and it's smooth as butter, no jagged peaks at all. TBH even if the car did have jagged sealant I could care less. The OP's main argument is that if lapses in QC are present in areas that aren't immediately visible it could also mean that there's cause for concern in other non visible areas. To me this seems like a "what if" statement, statements like these are irrelevant because no one knows what the outcome may be; I mean what if the X3 that the OP has turns out to be a lemon, it dies before the break in period is even over and what if it turns out to be the greatest car he ever has, it could have the longest longevity of any car he's ever owned or will own.

While no one knows if the supposed lack of QC will be the death of our cars, what is known is that many of us on these forums including the OP has already purchased their X3. At this point there's not much more that any of us can do because all the complaining one can muster out won't do them any good if their car really does dies prematurely. Until a actual problem arises its trivial at best to dwell on what could happen and what rough sealant may indicate in terms of overall QC of the X3.

This thread has already strayed far enough as somehow a discussion about rough sealant has gone on to include politics, a history lesson, and the generalization of a whole country's work ethics. Bury this thread already, no need for a 5th page.
Appreciate 0