shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacecapt View Post
How do I load my vehicle coding (CAF/.ncd) files into E-Sys in order to edit or view them when not connected to my vehicle? I have gone through the E-Sys "Editors and Viewers" Tab documentation but it seems to have missed a step. I am able to copy and move the .ncd files but I can't seem to load them as it keeps asking me for an FA and that folder is empty. I have not been able to connect the dots between page 2 and 3 of that Tab.
If you want to look at your car's read ECU coding data (CAFD .ncd files), you only need to launch E-Sys, go to the Editors & Viewers, open the FDL-Editor, put your PIN in, and then navigate to your CAF folder (C:\ESysData\CAF) and select the desired CAFD file's corresponding read coding data .ncd file.

If you want to look at an unread CAFD file, launch the CAF-Viewer, and then navigate to your CAFD folder (C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe\cafd) and select the desired CAFD.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0