View Single Post
      05-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #18
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Gee guys, thanks for the kind words. The beauty of forums like this is the amount of information that can be shared. I've learned a lot here and try to contribute when I have something that I feel might help. Occasionally, I do get slightly frustrated when I see a topic being re-introduced that has been discussed in some detail previously.

Often, these threads take on a life of their own and evolve into something far from the original starter's topic. I'm as guilty as anyone in contributing to these "topic shifts" and although a cardinal rule of Internet discussion forums is always "keep it on topic"; it's inevitable these evolutionary shifts happen.

So, to keep this thread on topic, I’ll mention that, in fact, the BMW BER system, and most of my comments this time around have been posted before in an obscure thread called “KERS failure warning”. (For those who don’t follow Formula 1, “KERS” means Kinetic Energy Recovery System(s)) and can be used in 2011 spec F1 racing cars for extra passing power boosts.

see: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...&highlight=BER

Post No. 8 in that thread titled “More than you every wanted to know about BERs” includes even more detail than I’ve mentioned here. I still have mixed feelings about the BMW implantation of BERS. It does save some fuel, but it also increases the long term cost of ownership at purchase and at battery replacement time.

Enjoy all the hi-tech goodies in your X3 It's a brave new world out there.
Appreciate 0