03-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
28i or 35i? And if 35i, do you have the Sport Package?

I'm not sure about the 28i, but from what I've read switching in M will not put the car into "sport" mode. On my car (35i with SAP and DHP) when I slip the selector to the left the car will rev a little higher but still change gears automatically. If I use the paddles or selector to change the gears, the transmission will stay in the selected gear until it reaches a safety.
At what rpm does the car automatically change gears? And what do you mean by "will stay in the selected gear until it reaches a safety?"

I don't have the DHP but I do have the SAP optioned on a 35i. One my main factors for the SAP was for the paddle shifters and will most likely be using them more often than not. I've only ever driven a test demo for about 15 mins at a dealership so I don't have much experience with the car but I did notice that it shifted by itself fairly quickly.

For comparison my last car (MB C300) only had a SMT and had two modes, casual and sport. When shifting manually in casual the car would rev to around 3-4k before shifting manually and 5k or higher when in sport.

How does the 35i work w/o the DHP? Are you able to change the rev limit w/o all the sport or sport+ modes that are included in DHP?
Appreciate 0