View Single Post
      08-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
Tangsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 x3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Err...yes. Be my guest in telling me how I exactly felt about the cars. And "Ricer"? Whatever you mean by that! Perhaps you meant the "Porsche GT3 RS" handbook? Because when I looked at that, that's exactly what it's weight reduction program was.
I'm not telling you how you felt in both cars. I'm merely suggesting that the difference in handling due to 100lb in a 4200lb SUV on the street is purely academic, and that maybe you went in with some personal bias (which shows a great deal in your hyperbole about BMW having to pay you $4,000 before you would even consider getting into a 35i ). Perhaps you've been keeping up with the F30 debate and you're drinking the 328i kool-aid... but the difference there is 175lb on a 3300 lb sport sedan - on the track.

You've also narrowed the 100lb gap by adding options ... heaven forbid what the panoramic moonroof will do to the handling (assuming you got the premium package) that probably shifts the centre of gravity to the moon.

But I guess everyone else is right... as long as we enjoy our cars and are happy with our choices, that's all that matters - to each their own, as it were. Welcome to the boards.

For me, I don't take every turn/off-ramp at 9/10 or 10/10 during my commute, so the extra hp is a lot more useful than a marginal handling difference in everyday driving. Although even then, I'll admit that it's mostly psychological since I never floor the pedal... and I'm sure the 28i will accelerate just as fast as I go now if I floored the 4cyl.

Last edited by Tangsta; 08-23-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0