View Single Post
      10-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #15
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Need to resurrect this thread to see what progress people have made.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and I was hoping that the "high" Bluetooth prep (the once with voice control) would give me access to calendar, email etc in BMW Office.

I don't have ANY version of nav in the car. I do get the Office option in the iDrive menu but it only displays contacts - no other options.

The info in the manual and on www.bmw.com/bluetooth is useless in helping me determine what I should be able to see.

Does anyone know:
- whether I should be able use Blackberry functions in Office without nav?
- what I need to do to enable this? Do I have to have ConnectedDrive etc?
- are there any device specific settings I need to consider on the Bold 9700?

The Bold pairs just fine with the car over Bluetooth and I've checked that data access is enabled etc. The BB is serviced via BES and I'm wondering if there's a policy on the device that's stopping access to the functions I'm wanting to use.

I use an iPhone4 for voice calls etc but I've taken this out of the equation for now to simplify my trouble shooting. I suspect that hoping to get voice on the iPhone and calendar etc from the Blackberry is going to be a little ambitious.

Can anyone offer any advice?

I'll try to dig out the software versions on both the X3 (although it's brand new) and the Bold 9700.