07-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #2153
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
+1 !!! You have to question a persons judgement if they go on a test drive and still buy a car they think is rubbish.
Unfortunately when I was in the market to place the order the dealer only had one X3, a 2.0d base spec car. No other local dealers had 3.0d's either so I had to make the decision to buy based on a test drive of the 2.0d. Not ideal but the reality of the demand and supply situation then.
Yes perhaps I should have spent more time on the interior but as a long term BMW customer I took this for granted as I have never experienced any quality issues before.
It is always a compromise when buying a car, I initially looked at the Evoque but was put off by a bad experience with the LR dealer(this seems to be common) and poor engine choice. Looked at Q5 but although excellent build quality had inferior engines/dynamics compared to X3.
If you read the post I did not say that the car is rubbish, it is class leading in certain areas eg, engines and handling and has been well reviewed by the motoring press.
But it is not a premium product inside the car, perhaps if you are coming from a cheaper car it looks ok but as a long term BMW owner it is a step backwards in quality. Ok it is an improvement on the previous X3 which was rated as one of the worst BMW's in many respects.
With most other manufacturers seeking to improve their products it is a shame that they have sought to cut costs and quality in this area as it spoils the overall ownership experience.
Appreciate 0