Thread: Welding Problem
View Single Post
      11-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
doc.crawford
Rep
Drives: '12 X3 2.0D

Hi Guys, an update to the ongoign situation and wondering thoughts. Well, since my last post the car has been into the dealership 2 more times for 7 weeks and bringing the total to well over 3 months in the first year of ownership. I have gotten it back 3 weeks ago and just started making the same noise. I have called them today to inform them it is still not fixed and it will not be acceptable to bring it back in for them to try and remedy the situation again. I said that I want a permanant resolve to the situation and that will not be "fixing these spot welds again" as if I lived in another country I would have a new car 3 times over for this issue. The manager of the department said he would contact BMW Australia to see what they now had to say about the situation as it seems I have a "lemon"

I would appreciate any input on the situation of thoughts/ideas to say to them when I hear back and if anyone else has had a problem like this and what they have done to remedy the situation. Not a very happy first ownership to a car of this stature.

Thanks for any input.
Appreciate 0