Thread: Welding Problem
View Single Post
      08-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
doc.crawford
Rep
Drives: '12 X3 2.0D

Update: Well I am getting a bit tired of this by now. I have tried getting an update all week from local BMW dealer and they don't return phone calls. Went to the body works place today to see the car. Top is all duck taped up with the sunroof missing. Inside is all torn apart besides the seats and they have told me they can't pinpoint the spot where the noise is coming from. Have to drive it around more to figure it out and find the spot(s) where the weld(s) has come loose. Just hoping the issue gets sorted as I am quite over this. I have mentioned replacement, compensation, etc. they keep coming back with "well we don't leave you hanging, we either drive you where you need to go or loan you a car" and "it will get fixed. Want to make sure it's right" this is the third week and pushing into month 2 they have had the car in my 9 month ownership and doesn't look like its gonna be fixed anytime very soon. Just a bit frustrated right now. Not sure what to say or where to go as I have called consumer affairs on the issue and they didn't have a good answer as they said unless it is a safety issue I would have to get a lawyer involved and take them to court over the problem. Sounds like quite a step to take. Just hoping it can get fixed I guess. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Appreciate 0