07-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #2387
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Glad you are impressed with yours! I passed 1200 miles this weekend and i'm blown away with mine.

Any initial observations/thoughts on differences between it and the 5 series?
Well where do I start ! .....

I'm over the moon with the X3 and glad that i made the switch from the 5. Its so enjoyable to drive and right now I really dont have anything negative to say about it. Im very happy with my choice of colour and trim (Space Grey/Black Leather/Brushed Alu) and also my choice of options.

I know this has been discussed to death about the different engines but the 20d is a joy to drive and for my own circumstances is the perfect balance between initial cost/performance/running costs.

Initial highlights on options for me -

HUD - amazing
Top View Camera - pretty cool !
Pro Sat Nav - quite a step up from previous versions - The traffic system seems a whole lot better and appears to cover more 'A' roads than it used to.
VDC - Very good and makes for a very smooth drive !

Build quality not quite up to the 5, but I already knew that so was not disappointed.

Anyone reading this who is thinking of buying an X3, what I would say, as with any BMW is to spend some time seriously thinking about the options that you spec, there are many that I think could make or break your enjoyment of this vehicle. I would never say anything is a 'must have' because its all down to choice and your intended use of the car but leaving something out for the sake of a small saving could leave you wishing you had it for a very long time

All in all ... quite a long wait but well worth it !!!

MS