View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
PaulaB
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Creaking sound and dismissive BMW dealer

I am also having the extremely annoying creaking/popping sound related to the plastic piece in the panoramic sunroof of my 2013 xDrive 35i. The dealer (Leith in Raleigh, NC) has seen the vehicle 3 times and it is still making noise and it is driving me crazy (closing the cover helps but I can still hear it at times). The service advisor started out friendly and now is dismissive and unhelpful. Although he said he didn't see what help it would be, he said he was ordering another plastic piece two weeks ago and there has been no communication since. This morning I left a message for the Service Manager and no call back yet.

From what I have read on this forum, the fix at this point seems to be a new sunroof cassette, as it appears the original was not installed properly. Has anyone else had or is anyone having this problem currently? It is very frustrating and the level of service I am receiving for a car that costs over $55k is completely unacceptable. I have documented the noise, as well as my attempts to get it fixed, and need to determine the best way to escalate at this point. Any help or guidance is sincerely appreciated!
Appreciate 0