View Single Post
      07-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I bought 18" 307 RFT Dunlop SP2 Winter Sport from a BMW dealer for £2200 - delivery and fitting is £30 each time (£60/year) - although they tried to charge me double last time despite £30 being agreed. I got them for going skiing in Europe but there is a small chance they might come in handy in Berks. We had one day of snow in total last winter and it was mild the following day so no ice.

It's a lot of money if you don't get much snow but you can justify the cost a little bit more by the fact that the tyres themselves are about £1200 and you'll be saving on your summer tyre wear each time you put on your winters so if you keep the car long enough to see out 8 tyres it's only the extra cost of the alloys.

The other plus is that it gives you an opportunity to clean and wax the wheels that they take off and also to rotate them - although I can't rotate my summer tyres are staggered 309s

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0