View Single Post
      05-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #113
bluesky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXM3W View Post
The US configurator doesn't look correct to me. It says DDC is part of the package but when you look at the updated 360 view it doesn't add the picture with the control for it. It only adds it when you include the DHP package. Based on the description of M-Sport, only Performance control is overlapping with the DHP package, not DDC. If DDC is part of M-Sport that would push me over the top!
I agree. I was in the process of ordering a 35 including DHP (ZDH); then considered adding M-Sport (ZMP). At first I assumed that adding ZMP would "absorb" ZDH given the reference to "Performance Control" (2VG) but in fact this is unclear given the following conflicting info:

On p.44 of the latest USA X3 catalog, the M-Sport description clearly states: "The M Sport Package injects the look and feel of BMW M to an already energetic performer. Variable Sport Steering, Electronic Damping Control, and Performance Control all increase the X3's precise, athletic handling. Dramatic High gloss shadowline..." Although there is no clear picture of the M-Sport console in the catalog, the original BMWNA M-Sport Press Release clearly shows the DHP console control present!

However...

The online configurator lists "Performance Control" (2VG) as part of MSport.
The online configurator shows no MSport console control when ZMP alone is selected.

Given the less-than-100% accuracy of the online configurator, does anyone know if MSport includes DHP? Thanks!
Appreciate 0