05-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #20
bkd
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshow View Post
Thanks for the compliments.

I have both Z5 and Z2 on hand as I bought a Zaino kit to replenish all of my supplies. The Z5 is is a more advanced version of 2 and will eliminate swirls, but it will also protect and shine just as 2 (not an expert here). The next coat I put on will be Z2.

You will notice a big difference between coat 1 and 2, but after that I can't feel much of a difference. You might see different results on black. Zaino doesn't recommend more than 3 coats in 24 hours even with their additive, so I stopped there.

Tips? Just follow the instructions. I try to use a garage and stay out of the sun when doing the multiple coats. Make sure you use a good quality, cotton towel for removing the wax. The claybar is quick and easy if you have a fairly new car.

I've been using Zaino for about 6 year now and it's very easy. Key tip for you is to use it sparingly. You can barely tell you're applying it. It doesn't go on heavy like some other wax's out there. As long as you have a very fine coat you're good to go. This stuff is expensive, so use it sparingly. Remember, you're going to apply more coats (at least I do). Also, on dark cars especially, don't apply in circular patterns like you are used to. Use side-to-side strokes for the Z5.

Have fun! It takes time, but really enjoy the process. Once you have a few coats on it will last for a long time. Adding a coat in a few months is easy and you can use the Z2 or Z5.
I am waiting for my X3 28i (Black Sapphire Mettalic). I am expecting the delivery next week.

Any idea what Zaino products should i order for my new car (Z2, Z5, Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit, Zaino Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit, ....) also when to apply it?
Appreciate 0