View Single Post
      02-04-2024, 06:40 PM   #3
Swatter
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X3

Not finding any ground wire running from the head to the body. I'm almost certain I didn't do the valvetronic correctly. I counted turns in and out but I think it got out of sync during re-installation. Can this be re-set without the use of INPA? I've tried the sequence of turning on the key and depressing the accelerator a given number of times described elsewhere but this has not solved my problem. I believe the CCV is connected properly. If this was the issue wouldn't it eventually throw an error code/ check engine light?

As far as INPA is concerned any advice on cables? There are many on Amazon for less than $50, some with software, some without. If I buy a cable can I download the software somewhere?

My vehicle is under a re-call notice notice dealing with the VANOS assembly bolts loosening off/ breaking. Unfortunately I live about 4 hours from my closest dealer. They mention transportation to the dealer so maybe I will contact them and see if they are covering this or if I have to.
Appreciate 0