View Single Post
      08-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #1
BrokerBMR
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive 35i

2016 X3 35i LED Driver's Side Headlight Bulb Higher/Brighter

Hi, This is my first BMW, and I'm trying to find out if anyone with LED headlights on their X3 has noticed what my wife noticed first. In the dark, we can easily see on our garage wall that the left (driver's side) LED headlight is brighter/"higher" than the right side. You can look directly and closely at the left side headlight LED bulb, and see that the bulb appears positioned a little higher in the unit than the left. We thought something was wrong with the car, or that it just needed a simple adjustment. So, we took the car to our dealer, and was told that their tests proved we were correct in our opinion. However, we were then told that BMW deems this "quirk" as "operating as designed"!. While not really too "blinding" to oncoming drivers, it is noticable, and it annoys me, as I never had a car with one headlight more bright than the other? I searched this forum and another BMW forum, and years ago, with another kind of headlight beam, someone said that BMW does this on purpose for some reason I can't remember. Is my car's left hedlight situation unusual, or has anyone else noticed the same thing on their X3? If it is done on purpose, can anyone give my wife and I a logical reason for it? Thanks for any help, as we go through a long learning curve with our enjoyable new "sports car/suv = sav"
Appreciate 0