04-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #49
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
When I look at the sigs of our two little detractors it seems like we’ve got a couple of X5 owners that are coming here to bash the X3.
Well tbh many posters on here own or have owned cars of different make and model, a valid point is a valid point. I don't think the degradation of quality is as bad as the other poster said, he basically make it sound like a slippery slope and that we should boycott the X3. IMO there's not much that buyers can do in order to have BMW use better materials in their cars. Competition with other car manufacturers is the only way to have a car company use better materials in their cars as I'm sure many people who buy BMWs aren't buying it because it's "the ultimate driving machine" but instead for the blue and white propeller.

I understand the X3 is still a new car and it will take some time for them to work out the kinks and that people who are satisfied with the car most likely won't be posting on here. However there's practically a new thread posted on here every week about some QC issue, a simple search reveals problems ranging from mismatched colors to unbolted back seats.
Appreciate 0